I've been a professor of mathematics at The University of North Carolina - Asheville since 1997. I've been using Mathematica since I started graduate school in mathematics at Ohio State in 1989. At that time, we used version 1.1 (as I recall) to teach calculus in our Calculus and Mathematica classes. I've used it pretty much continuously in my teaching and research since then.
In addition to my posts on SE, you can find some of my papers, teaching notebooks and other Mathematica based oddities strewn throughout my website.
In recent years, I've also worked as a part-time consultant to Wolfram Research focusing on development of mathematical content for WolframAlpha.
Top Network Posts
- 68Are these 2 graphs isomorphic?
- 47Is "A New Kind of Science" a new kind of science?
- 47Möbius transformations revealed
- 41How to make a 3D globe?
- 37Google Map in Notebooks?
- 36How can I improve the speed of eigenvalue decompositions for large matrices?
- 35Can Mathematica do symbolic linear algebra?
- View more network posts →