I've been a professor of mathematics at The University of North Carolina - Asheville since 1997. I've been using Mathematica since I started graduate school in mathematics at Ohio State in 1989. At that time, we used version 1.1 (as I recall) to teach calculus in our Calculus and Mathematica classes. I've used it pretty much continuously in my teaching and research since then.
In addition to my posts on SE, you can find some of my papers, teaching notebooks and other Mathematica based oddities strewn throughout my website.
In recent years, I've also worked as a part-time consultant to Wolfram Research focusing on development of mathematical content for WolframAlpha.
Top Network Posts
- 72Are these 2 graphs isomorphic?
- 54Möbius transformations revealed
- 51Is "A New Kind of Science" a new kind of science?
- 43How to make a 3D globe?
- 41How can I improve the speed of eigenvalue decompositions for large matrices?
- 40Numerically solving Helmholtz equation in 2D for arbitrary shapes
- 40Google Map in Notebooks?
- View more network posts →